Orange and ginger figs with rose cream
Simple, yet decadent, this dessert is a fantastic way to use up a glut of figs when they are in season. Any leftovers will keep well in the fridge for a day or so, as a fancy addition to your porridge or brekkie bowls/jars.
1 pack of figs
1 tablespoon of coconut oil
1 tablespoon of date syrup
Zest of 1 orange
A pinch of cinnamon
2 tsp grated ginger
For the rose cream:
1 can coconut cream
2 drops rose essence
Goji berries, desiccated coconut, chia seeds and sesame seeds. You can also substitute the rose cream for nana “n-ice cream”.
- Whisk up the coconut cream with the rose essence to make your rose cream.
- Slice figs in half lengthways.
- Heat coconut oil over a medium heat in a frying pan.
- Add in the orange zest and ginger. Heat for a few minutes so that the oils are released.
- Place figs cut side down into the warmed orange and ginger oil mixture.
- Sprinkle in the pinch of cinnamon.
- Turn up to a medium/high heat and soften figs.
- Take off the heat and add date syrup into the pan, fully coating the figs.
- Serve up in bowls with rose cream and your choice of toppings.