For those times when you just really fancy a savoury, crispy snack these kale crisps are just the ticket. It’s really simple to make a big batch of these to last a couple of days in a sealed Tupperware and they’re sure to take the edge off any anti nutrient snack cravings you’ve got going on.
1 bag of curly kale
1tbsp melted coconut oil
3tbsp nutritional yeast
1tbsp chilli flakes
- Set oven to 120
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment
- Tear leafy bits of kale away from hard stem and set stalk aside (we don’t like wastage so why not chop the stalks up and add them into a veggie green soup?)
- Spread leaves out on baking sheet, drizzle with oil, sprinkle over nutritional yeast and chilli flakes and season liberally with salt and pepper
- Dry in the oven for around 30mins – you’re looking for crispy, not brown edges
- Leave to cool then pop into a bowl or Tupperware for snacks on demand
Tell us your favourite snack that you deem to be “unhealthy” and we’ll have a go at remaking it with an added nutrient boost.